As independence day is just around the corner. This is the time of the year that usually causes many of us to reflect on our love of our country and feeling of patriotism. Aside from weaving the American flag during the 4th of July celebrations. As a proud American, there are several ways in which you can show your patriotism to your beloved country. That being said, here are several ways to show your patriotic side and celebrate Independence Day with the use of patriotic iron-on patches.
1. DIY Patched Shirt with American Flag
One of the easiest and stylish ways to show your patriotism is wearing a flag shirt on the 4th of July. Whether you choose a flag patched polo shirt or a flag patched tank top for a more casual look, or something in between, a patriotic shirt shows your pride in being American.
What is excellent with a flag patched shirt is it’s available for the whole family. There’s a lot of American flag design to choose from, and it’s easy to iron-on or sew on the shirt. In fact, creating and designing a flag patch shirt can be a perfect bonding moment for the whole family.
With this broad selection of American flag iron on patches, you can create a great DIY patch shirt for the whole family.
While it is easy to iron or sew flag patches on clothes. There are a few things that we need to take note of wearing American flag patches to avoid disrespect or faux pas.
1. The Placement: Even if you’re a civilian, you still need to wear the flag patch on the arm of the shirt, just like the soldiers or other military personnel. Technically, you can wear the flag patch in other areas of your clothing, but the sleeve is considered as the proper placement of the patch.
2. Placing the flag patch on the shirt sleeve: A civilian should wear the flag patch in the same manner as the soldiers are instructed to wear their official flag patches on their uniform. Where the stars are in the forward position in the top corner as if it were flowing in the wind.
3. If you want to place the flag patch on the left sleeve, the star field should be on the upper left side. If you’re putting it in the right sleeve, the stars should be in the same area. In short, in sleeve patches, flag placement, ensure that the star field is always facing forward.
4. If you’re planning to place it with other flag patches, the American flag should be placed above all other patches. These is to show that nothing should be placed above your own country. Displaying any other patch higher up on your sleeve is a disrespect to the flag.
5. In adding flag patches to bags and backpacks, the same rule applies that you must make sure that the flag patch is in the highest position over other patches and that the stars are in the upper forward position. It is also essential to ensure that the patch is not placed at the bottom of the bag to avoid it from hitting the ground. This is to make sure that you always honor the flag of our nation.
2. Patched Jacket With American Flag
Adding an American flag to your favorite jacket is also a great way to show your patriotism without going overboard. Jackets are a piece of clothing that you can use or wear on any occasion, and adding an amount of flag with your dark-colored leather jacket will make the flag really stand out.
3. DIY American Stick Flag
A DIY patch American stick flag is a great way to show your creativity and patriotism at the same time. Simply glue a piece of flag patches on a sticks or toothpicks for table top center piece of cupcake toppers and there it is! You have the super-easy DIY flag that you can use to put on your desktop, door, windows, porch, table centerpiece, or any household decorations that will show patriotism around the house and enhance the patriotic theme party.
A great way to show your patriotism not just on Independence Day, but everywhere you go. Sewing a flag patch on the upper part of your backpack shows your love for your country wherever you go. It’s also a great way of letting people know of your nationality and where you came from.
5. Framed Flags
Did you think frames are just for pretty pictures and paintings? Well, they’re also a great way to show off your different designs of American flags collection. Find a frame that’s big enough and sturdy enough to hold a shadow box in it. Fill it with your flag collection, and you can display it on your desktop or fill empty wall space in your home or office.
Shop for Iron on Patches used in this framed flags:
6. Star-Spangled Banner
To celebrate the 4th of July this year, you can make a star-spangled banner using our different collection of red, blue, and white stars or our American flag iron on star. It’s super easy to make, and you don’t have to cut card boards or fabrics. All you need are fabric glue, string, and patches. Simply glue the patches on a string, and there it is, you have the star-spangled banner that you can use to decorate your house on the 4th of July. What’s great with this project is that you can re-purpose your stars into other art craft DIY’s after the celebration.
Shop for iron on patches used for the star-spangled banner:
There are many ways in which you can show your love and patriotism for your country through the use of American flag patches. With patches, the possibilities are always endless. You just need to unleash your creativity and realize there are so many things you can do with patches. Hopefully, this article has helped you get your creative juice flowing and inspired you to do DIY projects. Subscribe to our newsletter to get the latest update of our patch and rhinestone collection.