Do you want to make your own Christmas stocking but don’t have any sewing skills? Don’t worry! We’re here to help. With this easy no-sew DIY patched Christmas stocking tutorial, you’ll have a perfect festive container for your smaller Christmas gifts. In this tutorial, we’ve come up with two no-sew ways to make unique Christmas stockings without needing to pick up a needle and thread.
Two No-Sew Ways of Making DIY Christmas Stockings
1. No-Sew Personalized Christmas Stocking with a Hot Glue
Creating personalized Christmas stockings is easy with iron-on patches. Whether you use the entire name or just an initial, it is a perfect way to ensure everyone knows whose stocking is hanging on the stairs.
No-sew personalized Christmas stockings are fun and easy to make. Let us show you how.
Materials for Making DIY Personalized Christmas Stockings:
- Felt: You’ll need lots of felt in any festive color that you want.
- Hot glue gun and sticks
- Iron-on patches (letters)
- Any design iron-on patches (for embellishment)
- Draw a stocking outline on your paper and cut it out.
- Fold the felt in half and pin the stocking to keep it in place.
- Cut out your stocking by cutting around your template.
- Using the hot glue, glue two pieces of felt together. Glue slowly and do only a few inches at a time. Don’t glue the top close.
- Turn the stocking inside out. You can begin decorating the stocking with patches. Use hot-glue to attach the patches to the felt. Remember to put the monogram letter to personalize it.
Optional: If you want to add trimmings to the stocking.
- For a white trimming, cut a strip of white felt for the trimming bigger than the circumference of the stocking.
- Hot glue it at the top seems all around.
- Trim the excess white felt and hot glue it down the side, overlapping the edges of the stocking.
- Press the seams down to make it net.
- For the hanging tag, cut a thin band of felt folded and glue it on the top of the stocking.
- For decorating: Glue the letter patch on the white trimming and position the other patch decorations in a place you like. Your decoration design is totally up to you.
2. No-sew DIY Patched Christmas Stocking with Fabric Glue
This tutorial is a no-sew DIY Christmas stocking using fabric glue.
- Felt or any festive colored fabric
- Fabric glue
- Patches (Christmas or any designed patches)
- Make a stocking pattern on the paper and cut it out.
- Trace the pattern on the fabric and cut it out.
- Glue the sock together by placing the front sides of the fabric on top of each other.
- Then take a fabric glue and start gluing the glue line on the edge of the fabric and press the fabric together.
- When the glue has dried, flip the sock inside out.
- Cut out a strip of fabric for the hook and glue the ends together. Then glue the hoop to the inside of the sock. Make sure that hook is big enough.
- You can add trimmings to the Christmas stocking by cutting a fabric strip and gluing it all around the top seam.
- You can start decorating the stocking by gluing the patch to where you want it to be.
That’s it! Follow the simple steps listed above, and you’ll have your DIY patched stocking for Christmas.