Below are instructions to apply heat seal backed appliques to materials and projects. Please read thoroughly and carefully as not to damage the applique nor your item of application.
APPROPRIATE MATERIALS/NOTES: Heat seal to cotton or cotton/poly fabrics. Do NOT apply to rayon, nylon or tri-acetate fabrics or any fabric that is heat sensitive.
PRE-WASH every item as many manufacturers treat fabrics and that treatment will prevent adherence if not washed off first!
CARE: Once applied, appliques are permanently attached to garments and are washable. We recommend turning items inside out and washing in Cold, on Delicate and hanging dry to preserve the longevity of your decor.
*IRON ON PATCH – INSTRUCTIONS*
Using a Household Iron:
1. Pre-heat iron to hottest temperature setting (WITHOUT STEAM) and select a hard, flat pressing surface (not a padded ironing board.)
2. Using the heated iron, pre-heat area by pressing down for 20 seconds or until material feels hot where you are going to placing the applique to help with adherence.
3. Position applique(s) on garment
4. If your garment is heat sensitive or your applique has beads or sequins, you will want to cover the applique design with thin pressing cloth.
5. Press straight down holding for 30-40 seconds with constant pressure,(NO BACK AND FORTH!) then turn the garment inside out and repeat.
*If you have difficulty with adherence, increase heat, length of press and pressure.
Using a Heat Press:
1. 350 degrees for 30-40 Seconds (Med.pressure) Or 375 degrees for 20-25 Seconds (Med-Hard pressure). Since every press is a little different, you may need to adjust pressure or time.