Iron On Instructions
Below are instructions to apply heat seal backed appliques to materials and projects. Please read thoroughly and carefully as not to damage the applique nor your item of application.
APPROPRIATE MATERIALS/NOTES: Heat seal to cotton or cotton/poly fabrics. Do NOT apply to rayon, nylon or tri-acetate fabrics or any fabric that is heat sensitive.
PRE-WASH every item as many manufacturers treat fabrics and that treatment will prevent adherence if not washed off first!
CARE: Once applied, appliques are permanently attached to garments and are washable. We recommend turning items inside out and washing in Cold, on Delicate and hanging dry to preserve the longevity of your decor.
*IRON ON PATCH – INSTRUCTIONS*
Using a Household Iron:
- Pre-heat iron to hottest temperature setting (WITHOUT STEAM) and select a hard, flat pressing surface (not a padded ironing board.)
- Using the heated iron, pre-heat area by pressing down for 20 seconds or until material feels hot where you are going to placing the applique to help with adherence.
- Position applique(s) on garment
- If your garment is heat sensitive or your applique has beads or sequins, you will want to cover the applique design with thin pressing cloth.
- Press straight down holding for 30-40 seconds with constant pressure,(NO BACK AND FORTH!) then turn the garment inside out and repeat.
*If you have difficulty with adherence, increase heat, length of press and pressure.
Using a Heat Press:
350 degrees for 30-40 Seconds (Med.pressure) Or 375 degrees for 20-25 Seconds (Med-Hard pressure). Since every press is a little different, you may need to adjust pressure or time.
*IRON ON RHINESTONE – INSTRUCTIONS*
Using a Household Iron:
- Set iron to cotton setting (WITHOUT STEAM) and select a hard, flat pressing surface (not a padded ironing board.)
- Remove white plastic backing and position applique(s) on garment.
- Cover design with thin pressing cloth.
- Press straight down for 45-50 seconds with constant pressure, (NO BACK & FORTH), then turn the garment inside out and repeat.
(You will need to lift, re-position, and press the iron half way through each press to make sure your irons steam holes were not directly above a stone causing it not to receive pressure it needs for adherence.)
- Allow to COOL THOROUGHLY before slowly removing clear plastic.
*If you notice they didn’t all stick as you start to peel the plastic off, carefully lay it back down in the same position and try higher heat for a little longer and make sure you are waiting until it is FULLY cooled down before peeling plastic off.
350 degrees for 30-40 Seconds (Med.pressure) Or 375 degrees for 20-25 Seconds (Med. pressure). Since every press is a little different, you may need to adjust pressure or time.
Please feel free to call us or email us with any questions on applying your patches and rhinestones.
All of our patches on the site (unless otherwise noted,) come with a heat seal backing already applied. If the item you are putting it on can not take heat or is an odd shape and is difficult to sew through, we recommend using a high strength crafting glue for application of the patches. (You do not need to take off the heat seal backing on the patch when applying with glue.)
Also, if one or two rhinestones in a design are stubborn, we recommend using the high strangth crafting glue applied with a toothpick to the back of the rhinestone and using tweesers, place it in the appropriate area of the design.