If you’re attending a St. Patrick’s Day party, participate in a parade or just want to get into the spirit of the holiday on March 17. There are lots of fantastic outfit options out there that you can choose from. Whether you are honoring your Irish roots or celebrating St. Patrick’s day because it gives you a reason to wear something green and indulge in green treats and beverages.
Don’t forget to wear a bit of green in your outfit on St. Patrick’s Day. You can make your own outfit or purchase one. Either way, we are making sure you are ready by sharing with you this easy DIY St. Patrick’s day outfit ideas. This will give you ideas on how to customize for your own outfit to enjoy celebrating the festivities of St. Patrick’s Day.
1. DIY Three Leaf Clover Shamrock Elbow Patched Shirt
If you want to look clean and simple but still with the St. Patrick’s Day holiday festivities, try this simple DIY shirt patched with three-leaf clover iron-on shamrock patch. It’s so easy to do, but the result is a clean, simple, and elegant outfit that fits the green holiday spirit.
- Long sleeve shirt ( must be cotton or poly fabric)
- Handkerchief or thin pressing cloth
- Three Leaf Clover Iron on Shamrock Patch Applique patch 2 pieces
- Preheat iron to the hottest temperature setting (without steam) and select a hard, flat pressing surface.
- Using the preheated iron, preheat the area by pressing down for 20 seconds or until the material feels hot where you are going to place the applique to help with adherence.
- Position the appliques in the elbow part of the shirt.
- Cover the applique design with a handkerchief or a thin pressing cloth.
- Press straight down, holding for 30-40 seconds with constant pressure (do not move the iron back and forth), then turn the shirt inside out and repeat, and you’re done! Let the shirt cool and have fun wearing it on St. Patrick’s Day.
2. Simple St. Patrick’s Day Leprechaun’s Hat Pin
When you want a bit more of green on St. Patrick’s day, wear our lucky leprechaun’s medium-sized St. Patrick’s Day applique. A three-leaf clover is tucked inside the hat band adorned with a gold horseshoe for good luck.
This simple leprechaun’s hat pin for St. Patrick’s day patch applique can be ironed, sewn, or glued to your shirt pockets, lapels, hats, or socks.
- Iron and pressing cloth (if you attach the patch by iron)
- Needle, thread, and a scissor ( if you attach the patch by sewing)
- Fabric glue (if you decide to glue the patch)
- Leprechaun’s Hat Iron On Patch Applique with Shamrock and Gold Horseshoe
- By Ironing
- Preheat your iron to the hottest temperature setting and lay flat your shirt on a hard pressing surface.
- Position the patch applique and cover it with a pressing cloth or handkerchief.
- Press down the heated iron on the patch applique for 30 to 40 seconds.
- Turn the shirt inside out and repeat ironing the patch applique, and then you’re done.
- By Sewing
- Select the area where you want to sew your pin and start sewing until the patch applique is fully attached to your shirt.
- By Using Fabric Glue
- Lay your shirt on a flat surface and decide where you want the patch on.
- Put the glue on the back of the patch and let it dry for two minutes before placing it on the desired place.
3. Sparkle Shamrock Hair Clip
This easy to DIY sparkle shamrock hair clip is a perfect and unique hair accessory that you can wear on St. Patrick’s Day. The shamrock hair clip is so sparkly that no one will miss your bit of green.
Paper, Elmer’s glue, and green glitter were used in making the cloverleaf, but for a more easy and simple DIY, you can also use our sequined green shamrock iron-on patch. This adorable sequined shamrock will surely brighten your day.
4. DIY Last Minute St. Patrick’s Day Shamrock Shirt! by DIYholic
This video tutorial, DIY last minute St. Patrick’s Day Shamrock Shirt shows you the easy and cheap way to create a last-minute DIY St. Patrick’s Day outfit. The shamrock shirt is perfect for kids and adults, and it is super simple to recreate.
5. St Patrick’s Day Knee Patch
The DIY St. Patrick’s Day knee patch up-cycled an old pair of jeans into a cute couple of St. Patrick’s day pants with a fun shamrock knee patch. This is DIY ideas are also a great way to fix your kids’ jeans that have some holes or rips in them.
6. DIY St. Patrick’s Day / Gold Glitter Shoes and Clover Crown
Here’s how to make DIY sparkly gold glitter shoes and clover headband to make your St. patty Day outfit unique and unforgettable.
7. Paper St. Patrick’s Day Top Hat
Have you picked your green outfit for St. Patrick’s Day? There are so many ways to incorporate green in your outfit on March 17, and one is this paper St. Patrick’s Day top hat. This is an example of a creative DIY for St. Patrick’s day outfit that you can easy incorporate with your outfit. This adorable DIY top hat can be paired with any attire. It is also very easy to take on and take off so your kids will love wearing this hat while watching the St. Patrick’s Day parade.
8. Cute Baby Leprechaun Costume
This cute baby leprechaun costume tutorial video shows you how to make the most adorable baby or toddler leprechaun costume. I’m sure this adorable costume will be a hit to everyone.
9. How to Make a Leprechaun Costume
This Leprechaun costume tutorial is perfect for your St. Patrick’s Day outfit. The pieces of a leprechaun’s attire are simple enough to piece together at home. To save cost on this outfit, take a trip down to your local thrift store, gather craft supplies and set aside a few hours to transform yourself into a fun and mythical leprechaun on St. Patrick’s Day.
So these were the Easy DIY St. Patrick’s Day outfit ideas you can make at home with your family and kids. Remember, it’s always great to teach kids about festivities and traditions through creating your own crafts and DIY outfits. DIY’s help kids develop patience and confidence, and moreover, it makes them appreciate their culture and traditions.
I hope you liked this easy DIY St. Patrick’s day Outfits ideas. Visit our site for more easy Patch and Rhinestones DIY ideas and follow us on Pinterest to get new DIY and craft ideas. Enjoy creating your own St. Patrick’s day outfit and have fun celebrating the festivities.